Think couponing is too time-consuming? It doesn’t have to be unless you want to be an extreme couponer. Here are a few ways you can start couponing even if you have no time.
1. Clip coupons only for products you use: Novice couponers clip every single coupon they find, hoping they’ll get a good deal in the future. But, this is a huge waste of time. It doesn’t matter how good the deal is - if you don’t use the product, don’t clip the coupon.
2. Look out for coupons and deals for expensive products: If you are just getting started with couponing but don’t have the time to clip coupons for all the products you use, try to only focus on finding coupons for expensive products. Once you see how much you can save on these items, you’ll likely be motivated to continue couponing.
3. Get yourself a compact folder instead of a huge binder to store your coupons: The logic here is that you don’t clip every coupon you see, so you don’t need an extra-large binder. Keep it simple with a compact folder, and you’ll save yourself a lot of time when looking for coupons to use.
4. Buy newspapers at the dollar store: Rather than getting a newspaper subscription just for the coupons, consider buying newspapers from the dollar store. This will help you get your hands on the newspaper only when you need it. So, if you have a relatively free day, drive to the nearest dollar store and get yourself a copy of the newspaper and start clipping the coupons in it.
5. Avoid coupon burnout by skipping mediocre deals: Avoid clipping coupons if the deals don’t seem too enticing. When you are just starting, it’s a good idea to only leave your home with your coupons for deals that are worth it. This will help you avoid coupon burnout and save time as well.
6. Ask people you know: If you find a coupon that offers a great deal, just ask someone you know if they could print the same coupon for you or save the coupon insert. Many people don’t coupon, so they will likely not mind giving you their coupons. You really don’t have to invest any extra time into finding additional coupons if you do this.