There’s a lot to love about Costco®! The retailer offers some great deals and discounts, helping you save money. But, there’s a chance you’re not maximizing your savings. Here are our top 7 tips to help you save money all year round when shopping at Costco®.
1. Buy in bulk and split the items with a friend: If you don’t have much storage space in your home or you live alone, you may not want to buy in bulk, regardless of how good the savings are. In this case, all you need to do is find a few friends who are willing to split the cost and items with you. It’s a win-win for both you and your friend.
2. Keep an eye out for Costco® coupons: You can find coupons to use at Costco® by checking the store’s coupon book. You can also look online for downloadable coupons.
3. Look for end-of-season deals: Like many other stores, Costco® will mark down large season-specific items before the end of the season to make room for new merchandise. So, for instance, at the end of summer, you may be able to buy things like patio furniture and camping equipment at significant discounts.
4. Stick to your list: This may seem like a no-brainer, but Costco® has some amazing deals that can make it difficult for even the most disciplined shopper to only purchase what they need. So, to keep your quick shopping run from becoming a day-long shopping extravaganza, ensure that you make a list and stick to it.
5. Shop on the Costco® website: Going to Costco® is likely not going to be how you want to spend your Sunday morning. Fortunately, you can shop through the Costco® website and snag some amazing deals as well. It’s also a good idea to download the Costco® app, which lists all the current offers and deals, so you can decide what exactly you should buy.
6. Keep an eye out for price changes: Costco® offers customers a 30-day price protection policy (this is usually applicable for online sales). So, once you make a purchase, it’s a good idea to check the price again within 30 days. If you notice the price has dropped, contact Costco’s® customer service to receive your money back.
All third-party names (including company and service names), graphics, and logos used here are trademarks or registered trademarks of such third parties. Use of them here does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by such third-parties.